Sunday, April 20, 2014

SPCA roadshow


Yesterday, we brought Cotton to the SPCA road show to show our support and check if Cotton would like to befriend some new bunny friends. 


We spotted Mini at the roadshow who is also a lionhead like Cotton. Isn't he a beauty? I interacted with him a little by stroking him and he seems much friendlier than what Cotton and I first interacted 2 months ago. I'm thinking to adopt Mini for Cotton to be bonded as a pair but Uncle Hubby has his doubts. 

Mini is slightly smaller size than Cotton but he seems less human-phobia compared to Cotton. He's also quite fat and chubby and has shorter ears than Cotton.  I really like Mini very much and we almost adopted him. 

When Uncle Hubby was ready to decide to adopt Mini, we were already in the train back home. In other words, too late. Detouring to City Square Mall again is just too tiring for me and Cotton. Psssst, we think Uncle Hubby not sincere at doing the 2nd adoption. 




One of the SPCA staffs carried Cotton and commented that Cotton is a little bony because his spine cartridges can be felt. He suggested we feed him more pellets to fatten him up. But I explained Cotton's blood glucose is on the high side so I only feed pellets as treats. He understood and then he also admitted that Cotton gets to exercise via free roam while his rabbits are caged so that might make another differences too. At that moment, I imagine Cotton is athletics type hahahahha  

Also, Dr Tan (the vet who examined Cotton previously) said Cotton's weight is just right for his size. Hmmmm.... But I do hope to fatten up Cotton a little, afterall, rabbits being lowest in the food chain, fattening up is only normal. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment