Sunday, April 27, 2014

First night of wearing the collar

Cotton's first night of wearing the collar.

He grooms more often than usual - within expectations, and not getting used to the bell sounds.


I suspected that he has been trying to "remove" the collar and did not sleep at night. So this morning, he totally flopped and concussed out of conscious. I have not seen him sleeping so soundly that when me and Uncle Hubby were talking at our normal level, he did not budge/raise his ears at all. This is also our first time to see him sleeping so soundly.


He has been eating alright but not as much as usual, but his fecal for this morning was pretty unusual. The classical grape-like cecotrope was observed and a check at the internet indicate it's normal. I cleaned it up before Cotton eats it back. 



I think this situation still needs to be monitored closely. After-all, he is a senior bun and will need a longer time to accept new things. I have been giving him massage to make him feel better as well. Let's hope he will be able to accept the collar fast. :D

After 3hours later, his normal solid 'cocoa-puff' feces are back! That's a great sign. However, I still need to monitor for next few days to ensure Cotton fully accepts the collar and bell. He did with us his daily shuttle run for treats exercise but halfway through, he went back to his playpen. I think that's a great improvement that he still willing to do some routine with us. Finger-crossed now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment