Thursday, April 3, 2014

Another position to carry Cotton longer

Recently, I found another position which I could hold Cotton with as much or longer tolerance (say about 10mins or so) and almost able to gain 2 free hands to comb him. 

Ta-da! 


This is still not the best holding still position but I can hold onto Cotton and watch TV together. Hahaha Cotton is also pretty scheming, he would wait patiently for that particular moment when my gripe was not tight/strong, he would flip back suddenly. He's quite a muscular and strong boy. 

I also noticed that the higher I held his front paw up at this position, it's easier and longer to get him stay still. I would stroke Cotton's head, cheeks and belly to make him feel at ease as well. Cotton's heartbeat beats fast (I need to research more on this if it's normal and at what rate it's normal) and then slower to cannot be felt, then fast again. His breathing which I can feel his rib cage will follow suit with his heartbeat. His nose will twitch occasionally and overall, once he stays still, he looks relax to me. 

I also observe something about Cotton's behavior that every time I do trauncing on him, he will become bolder with us such that less cautious against interacting with us. So far we took his 'bold' change of attitude positively and hopefully he keeps it that way. Finger-crossed :D


No comments:

Post a Comment