Sunday, April 20, 2014

Basic Grooming Tools for Cotton

Tools that I am using to groom Cotton.

Picture from left: Big teeth comb, flea comb, slicker brush, scissors and nail clipper. 


For combing out matted fur, I personally love the flea comb to remove them quite easily. There were moments when there was stubborn matted fur that simply cannot comb out so I had to cut them with the scissors. 

The big teeth metals in the big teeth comb can rotate themselves and so will easily comb out the curly/stray fur from becoming knotty during combing and therefore reduce the chance hurting the rabbit. I used to use the big teeth comb on Cotton but now his fur is all so combed out and straight, the flea comb becomes relevant presently. 

The slicker brush is useful because it traps and removes loose matted furs with ease. However because it has a larger rectangular surface, it can be tough to brush Cotton's pelvic, tighs and paws areas. So the flea comb comes in very useful and has become my must-have tool on his weekly grooming session.

I have not nail clipped Cotton personally and have engaged HRSS for a house visit for their grooming service on 03-May. Betty will be showing and teaching me how to do it. Looking forward to that day to come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment