Sunday, April 27, 2014

Solo bun

I really taken a liking to Mini and given that he still has not been adopted since we met him, I think Mini and I are fated. Uncle Hubby even thought of the name for Mini - Milo. However, we are not sure if Cotton will be able to accept Milo. We read a lot online and other people's experiences on introducing new bun to their existing buns success stories and how they did it, however, we still have our reservations.

To prepare Cotton on welcoming Milo, I decided to stimulate the situation such that where Milo would be staying. I re-configured Cotton's 5-fence playpen to a 4-fence playpen and used one of the cage metal to form a 2 playpens of 4 fences.

Original 5-fence playpen set-up for Cotton
 
The reconfiguration to home 2 bunnies if we adopt Milo
Because of Cotton's cage base, his 4-fence playpen has even lesser walking space and this makes him rather unhappy. Then he began to explore the new set-up and running around the house. See video. 
 
 
And I naively thought he might be looking for Milo, aka phantom bun since we have not adopted him yet. Then Cotton did something very bizarre - he kicked away all our stuffs placed under the coffee table and lie there. He was looking for a resting place to compensate for the lost of the space at his 5-fence playpen where he always rest at.
 
Cotton: This is now MY space
 
Cotton: Toying with my ears will NOT change my mind to leave this place
 
Cotton: I have CHOPE this place
I think the loss of the space really upset Cotton very much and so I think by proceeding to get Milo, will not help to bond them any easier. So we decided to halt the idea to adopt a 2nd bun....sorry Milo, but you always have a special memory space in my heart. I pray Milo for a good family soon.
 
I thought of another configuration - move the cage base out and set-up back into a cage, without changing the 5-fence playpen space. The cage will place next to the 5-fence playpen so that the new bunny can still interact with Cotton. But I did not want to test out this alternative configuration because Cotton has just gotten back his original playpen space and is still in the midst of getting adapt to his bell-collar which already upset him as well.
  
I am a strong believer of destiny and fate - if Milo is destined to be with us, we will meet again. If not, then it could also be a blessing in disguise so we never know. So for now, Cotton is a solo bun and I think he is happy being alone as what we saw him did many binkies in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment