Sunday, March 2, 2014

Welcome to your new home, Cotton!


It all began after a visit and I met and fell in love at first sight with a black rabbit whom I named it as Charcoal. Charcoal was very obedient and practically lying on the table for anyone to feel and stroke it. I asked the attendant if I could adopt Charcoal (after discussed with Uncle Hubby) and he said he would try to help me. While pending for their reply, I did my part by getting a rabbit cage and carrier ready. I got both the cage and carrier at 2nd-hand for $150. Uncle hubby was worried about the history of the cage because if the cage used to belong to a dead rabbit, then Charcoal would be living in a haunted cage! Hahahaha The cage was sold because the owner is using playpen for her rabbit so the cage is no longer in used.

Rabbit Cage and Carrier for the rabbit


However, it turned out that Charcoal cannot be released for adoption and so I decided to pass my affection to another abandoned rabbit awaiting to be rehomed. :)

25-Feb-2014 (Tue) at almost exactly 11:30am, me and Uncle Hubby reached SPCA via public transport. We all were ready to adopt a rabbit but there were only 3 rabbits left at the SPCA for us to choose from: Powder (a cross lionhead female who is also a 7.5 year-old), Cream and another white local breed female who is 09 months old. I wanted to choose the local breed rabbit but she simply sheds too much fur at that time. The moment I stroked her, my palm would pick up a handful of her fur. I understand that rabbit does shed fur but stroking Cream did not give me so much fur. Powder is human friendly such that she allows humans to carry her, according to the volunteers. Cream on the other hand does not like to be carried and would startle and hide away deep into the cage at any sound. Initially we wanted to adopt younger rabbit because younger rabbit is easier to bond with.




Eventually I decided to Cream because he has some grey patches and not totally white despite of his timid-ness and dislike of being carried. I also interacted with Cream for 20 minutes or so and slowly grown to like him before deciding to adopt him. Cream is now named Cotton and the cost of his adoption cost us S$50 and we donated S$100 under his name. To reduce his stresses from travelling back via public transport, we took cab back instead. I hope Cotton will feel our love and affection to him and opens up to us one day.

Welcome to your new home, Cotton!

First picture of Cotton taken

That's Cotton



No comments:

Post a Comment