Sunday, March 2, 2014

Cotton's first day at home

Uncle hubby and I read extensively online about rabbits, from their food to best practices on rearing senior rabbits. So to let Cotton getting used to us and feeling our affection, I began massaging him and he seems to enjoy it. While massaging him, I also tries to feel about his bone anatomy and structure for any tumour.

Litter training: As I bought the wrong size of litter box prior to adopt any rabbit since we never thought we would adopt a large size rabbit at first place, I had to rush to get a litter tray (I got him a purple colored tray) after work the next day. I also got him a comb, another larger water bottle 500mL size and 3 packs of food treats which were having promotion of buy 2 get 1 free. All the items cost me $33.50. We never know Cotton drinks a lot of water....our original 125mL water bottle is not enough to satisfy his thirst. He drinks like 125mL of water within 2 hours on his first day. Uncle hubby had to refill his bottle at middle of the night to ensure the water supply was sufficient.

The most encouraging thing is Cotton allowed me to carry him out to the carrier so that I could introduce the purple tray as his litter corner. I placed the tray at the same corner which he peed on the previous day, which coincidentally just beneath the corner where the water bottle is hung. I think Cotton is reception to my presence and that's why allowed me to carry him out (quickly) to the carrier. Returning to his cage is easy because he just hopped back to the cage once the carrier bag was opened. I am really amazed by Cotton's cleverness.   

No comments:

Post a Comment