Sunday, March 2, 2014

Cotton's first vet visit with his mama

29-Feb-2014: His first vet visit with us and I have been worrying about this day since the day I made the vet appointment. You see, according to Cotton's sterilization certificate, he just been sterilized on 08-Jan-2014 which is not too long ago. What if he remember his sterilization experience? I was so concerned that he might freaked out the moment he smelled the clinic scent. Surprisingly, Cotton behaved very well. In fact, I think the journey freaked him out more than the clinic experience.

The vet said Cotton is very friendly as he kept licking her. Well, I was jealous when hearing that because he never licked me. Or maybe he tried to lick but I always push down his head whenever his nose tries to be near my hands. I was worried that he would bite me. We let the vet to do a blood test on him as well since she could not feel his kidney via physical examination. Doc gave him a clean bill of health and his blood test results also satisfactory, except his glucose level is slightly on a high side. He weighs a healthy weight of 1.9kg!




To make matter worse, I bought him the wrong hay - alfalfa hay, as I thought of changing to let him try other kinds of hay other than Timonthy Hay. Oh, how wrong I am. Doc also recommended him to take Senior Support tablets and not surprisingly that he loves it because it contains cane molasses which is sweet-tasting.



Due to his old age, he has difficulties cleaning his fur at his back which were matted. The doc had helped me trimmed off most of the matted fur but I will need to do that job for him in days to come. Luckily Cotton allows me to feel his body so it should be easy but I still need a 2nd helping hand so Uncle hubby will need to train his Edward Scissor hands soon.

The visit to the vet cost me $175 in total, where his blood test cost $75, nail trimming $10, Senior Support tabs $30, Cleaning and Shaving $10, Oxbow critical care $15 and standard consultation $35.

 

I am so proud of you, Cotton.   

No comments:

Post a Comment