Sunday, March 23, 2014

SPCA called to check out Cotton

This entry is a little late but it is late better than none at all. SPCA called me one day while I was at work. According to the SPCA staff, it is procedural for them to call the adopter who has adopted animal from them 2 weeks after the adoption. They want to make sure their adopted animal has adapted well with their new parents, environment and among others. I have adopted Cotton for exactly 01 month now as of 23-Mar-2014. It feels like I have Cotton for forever already. :D

It was about 2:30pm on a Thursday afternoon at my office when my mobile rang.....

SPCA (a guy with a deep voice): Hello, is this Ms XXX?

Me: Yes, I am. Who is this and how I can help you?

SPCA: I am calling from the SPCA and we are checking how's the rabbit (which) you've adopted is doing now.

Me: Oh, you mean Cotton? He is doing well...I mean great. I placed him in a cage during his first week to litter-train him. Then on his 3rd week when I noticed his litter habit was stabilized, I have moved him to a playpen. He was shy and afraid to step out of his cage which was placed in the playpen, so I removed the metal of his cage and leaving only the cage base in the playpen to encourage him to step out.

SPCA: Oh, that's good to know that he is no longer living in a cage environment.

Me: Oh I also brought him to visit a vet clinic on that weekend I adopted Cotton....

SPCA: (Sounding concerned) Oh, what happened to him? Is he sick or something?

Me: Oh no no....because I asked your staff before if Cotton has any medical history and you guys told me nothing much. So in order to get a baseline of his medical history, I thought to visit a vet clinic to do a health check-up for him. He did a blood test as well.

SPCA: So how's the results?

Me: The blood test results showed he's healthy but only glucose level slightly on the high side. His teeth is OK, his bone structure is OK without any lumps felt and he is last weighed at about 2kg weight.

SPCA: Oh great. It's good to know that Cotton is in good hands.

Me: Yes I think so too. He is not as afraid over little sounds and timid compared to what he was when he was at the SPCA.

SPCA: Good to know this. Ok, do let us know if you have any issues with Cotton or need our help on taking care of rabbit. We be glad to help you.

Me: Sure. Thanks for following-up. I will let Cotton know too. (laughing).

Bye....

SPCA never mentions about house visit but if they ever want to, Me, Uncle Hubby and Cotton are ever ready to showcase!

No comments:

Post a Comment