Sunday, March 30, 2014

Online shopping

Oh no.....I spent again online!

This time round, I bought the following items for Cotton:

Products
1 xPet Link Metal Hay Holder with Chain
  - Size: large
SG$5.60
1 xOxbow Multi Vitamin
  - Weight: 60 tabs
SG$20.95
1 xFerplast Flea Comb – 5838 (Small Animals)
  - Design: Comb
SG$8.00
1 xAPD Senior Rabbit Tropical Cookie
  - Weight: 1.75oz
SG$6.40
1 xAPD Timothy Gold Hay
  - Weight: 24oz
SG$17.60


I feel encouraged by the fact that Cotton does take his hay from his Timothy Ball so I decided to invest a metal hay ball container for Cotton. :D

I also wanted to try APD Golden Hay where it claims to contain 2nd-cut Timothy Hay and only the green colours is expected. Cotton loves his Momi 1st cut Timothy hay and so I would assume he will love the 2nd-cut as well. The differences between 1st and 2nd cut are the softness of the per fibre strands and also the fibre content as well. I read that 1st cut contains higher fibre content and is tougher (rougher) cut and so bun will need to chew harder and more. My intention is to mix and alternate 1st cut and 2nd cut with the Oxbow Timothy Hay because the latter is still more economical in terms of $$ to sustain 80% of Cotton's diet. Not forgetting that Cotton eats quite a big despite of his age seniority.

I need to spend a minimum of $50 to get the free delivery (or else $10 for delivery fee) and so it's a good time to refill some of his cookie treats and letting him try Multi-vitamins as well. I am so tempted to get the Oxbow Natural Sciences Skin and Coat support supplement but I guess I will get it in the next purchase. I did not want to feed Cotton with too much supplement at one time, given that he is on long term Senior Support supplement as recommended by the vet.

I can't wait for the items to come now. Cotton is just as excited as his mummy too. The only person who is not so forward looking is none other than Uncle Hubby for sponsoring the above. Hahaha...Thank You, Uncle Hubby! *wink wink*

PS: Pictures of the items will be uploaded once they are arrived. :) Stay tune
   
 
Updated on 20-Apr-2014: The cookie was a repurchased so I did not take picture of it. Repurchase means Cotton loves eating it.  
 
  
 
Cotton's new favourite now and is hanged in the metal ball


His new favourite too
 

My new favourite because this comb is so effective

Metal Food holder

 
 The metal food holder, despite the invoice said comes with the 11cm chain, but there is no chain. I did not realize until later so no point for me to pursue further. Anyway, I bought the metal chain from our local store for $2 and the problem was solved. I stuffed APD Timothy Gold Hay in the metal food holder because it's more costly to be used as loose hay as part of his litter bedding as well. Cotton does finish his hay at the metal food holder so it shows my strategy works! The metal holder also serves as an extra hay for Cotton.

Cotton will eat up most of the hay at his litter box and then attack the hay at the metal holder. It's not because Cotton prefers to eat the hay at his litter box so he eats them first but because (I suspect) it is easier for him to graze at his litter box than from the metal holder. Well, whatever it is, whenever he starts to eat from his metal holder, it also means it is time for me to change his litter box.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment