Friday, March 21, 2014

Grooming Cotton's matted fur without Trancing!

My 2nd attempt of grooming (combing to be exact) Cotton without trancing him was again a success. He seems to respond to me saying if he doesn't allow me to comb him, then will let outsiders to do so. Then he wiould lie down flat on his belly for me to let me comb him. His matted fur was mainly at his rear and tigh areas. Some of the matted fur was stained with brownish stain of urine! The duration seems slightly longer than the first round like I could comb him non stop for 10mins or so before he hopped back to eat some hays and coaxed him to lie flat again. 

Honestly, it's pretty tiring session as I have to squat and bend over to comb his rear. I have not try letting him rest on my legs and I comb him. Still, it's a good progress between Cotton and me. 



I have used slicker brush ($14) and a big teeth metal comb ($7) to comb Cotton. I tried to save some monies but using plastic human comb and the teeth just wouldn't penetrate well. At the end of the combing session, Cotton is treated with a bowl of his fave pellet treat! And after eating his treats, it's rest and relax time again for him. 






No comments:

Post a Comment