Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Cotton's amazing forgiving personality


02-March-2014 (Sunday): My friends wanted to see Cotton and I think Cotton is ready to meet strangers since he did so well at the clinic the previous day. At 5:45pm, Cotton was still grazing with his Timonthy Hays and I interrupted his dinner and carried him into the carrier to meet my friends. He was, of course, unhappy that his dinner was interrupted. There were hays and water in the carrier but these simply do not satisfy him.

Cotton behaved very well when I took him out to be petted by my friends. He even let me and my friends to carry him! What a darling he is. He did try to hope back to his carrier 3x or so but he still allowed me to carry him out to let my friends pet him. Never once did he throw any temper and his mild and friendly temper melted all my friends' hearts. They though were surprised by Cotton's big size but they quickly went ga-ga over him due to his friendliness. Seriously, Cotton is the perfect home pet and why did his previous owner abandon him?

Upon returning home, Cotton went back to his cage and I decided to give him the Senior Support supplement tablet as his treat but he refused to eat. No matter how I tempted him, he simply refused to eat the treat. Cotton is usually quite gluttony when comes to sweet food and the Senior Support tab contains Cane Molasses which is sweet-tasting. Then he hopped to his litter tray and rested there which is a sign that he refused to interact to me (something I discovered that whenever he refused to let me massage/play with him, he would hop to the litter tray and dig out a corner and rest). I think he was upset that I interrupted his dinner and caressed by strangers. I am so sorry, Cotton.

So I left him alone and left the tab at the litter tray. He ate it after a while when being left alone. The following day, he was behaving normal again and he is abided to his good litter habits. Cotton forgives his parents easily, I think. This incident let me realizes how nice and friendly Cotton is. He will still behave and cooperate at strange environment and he does not hold grudges. I am again, proud of Cotton and amazed by his beautiful personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment