Sunday, March 16, 2014

Enticing and Preparing Fresh Vegetables for Cotton

I tried green leafy vegetables like Chye Sim, Lettuce and Xiao Bai Chye and Cotton would not touch them after a few sniffs. After much readings and seeking advices from experienced buns parents at Facebook group, I tried herbs like Mints and Cotton loves it. 

But I want him to eat his leafy vegetables and not be picky with his food. So I got inspired by one of the bun parent who used dill (herb) wrapped with vegetables to feed her buns. She used a satay stick to do the rolls but I wonder if Cotton will be clever enough not to eat the satay sticks. So instead, I use Timonthy Hay to secure the wrap. Ok enough words, it's pictures time!

Experiment leafy green: Sweet Oat, Herbs: Coriander and Celery (strong aroma which Cotton loves)



Always wash the greens especially the herbs, organic or not!



You know sushi making? Lay the washed green leaf well and cut the herbs into smaller lengths as seen on picture below. Line the herbs on top of the green leaf. 



Then roll the leaf at one end and I prefer to start at the leafy tip because is easier. You will hear some cracking of the leaf stem and that's normal, so don't stop and keep rolling. Then I secure the roll or wrap with the timonthy hay by piercing through the leaf. See picture to see the end product. 



The meal is ready to be served! I usually feed Cotton once a day on weekdays at evening time after work. On weekends, I'll feed him twice a day - morning at 8-9am and evening at 7-8pm. I read that the amount of fresh vegetable should be about the size of your bun's head. 




"Yummy!" said Cotton. 








No comments:

Post a Comment