Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stepping out of playpen to free roam!

When the playpen was setup last week with his cage within the playpen, Cotton still refused to come out to roam despite cage door was wide open. So I removed his cage metal and left only the cage base for him but he still disliked to roam within the playpen. I suspect maybe he doesn't like the slipping feeling when hopping on the tiles. To test my hypothesis, I decided to buy a yoga mat or an anti slip mat to place within his playpen's compound. The yoga mat cost me $12.90 and was the last piece at Guardian! How lucky Cotton is because the anti slip at those home-fix store costs me $18.90 for the similar size!



Now he really hops out of his playpen! Look, where his favorite resting spot! He will spy on me refilling fresh hays or fresh vegetables in his litter box by popping his head up against the frame. Then he will hop back to his litter box to eat after I'm done refilling. Now you know why that's his favorite sentry spot!

Now not only will he hops to explore around the house under supervision, he also climb onto my coffee table under layer! (No picture yet but will update soon) The yoga mat has done its job and we've since removed it unless Cotton needs it to find his way home or get out?






He seems to feel more secure with some roof over him while resting. How did I know? This morning, he was trying to squeeze under our ikea stepstool but as the stepstool legs' hole was too small for him and he pushed with his head further until the stool moved and trembled. The sound of the tremble scared him so much that he instantly took off to hide underneath the coffee table in another room! It was pretty hilarious in my opinion. I had to sooth and calm him down. 

To satisfy his craving for some roof over his head, I made him a temporary cardboard shelter (see below). I have bought him a wooden shelter online which will only deliver on coming Mon night. But Cotton doesn't like his flimsy temporary shelter and knocked it down. I think rabbits are natural born civil engineer. I give up, so let's wait for the actual sturdy wooden shelter to come in next 24hrs!

Naughty Cotton!







No comments:

Post a Comment