Sunday, May 11, 2014

Weekly combing Cotton time!

Combing Cotton the first time using Betty's technique! It was a very much anticipated session for me....but not Cotton, of course.

I tried Betty's method of traucing and it works wonderfully. As I am still trying to master the technique, during the combing session, I could still feel Cotton was slipping slowly downwards. Hahaha....But no worries, Cotton never gets to slip out of my 'clutches'.
 
Trancing and Clamping Cotton with my thighs
Then when it came to combing his chin area, again, he was simply uncooperative. So I remember how Betty held him - clamping him with the left arm and using the free right hand to pluck/comb any matted fur on his chin. I managed to cut and pull out one matted fur on his chin. Yay! An achievement for me!

Applying Betty's technique to comb his chin
 
Combing his chin's fur



Combing his chin's fur (Close-up view)
However, I have failed to keep him still when I have to comb his back fur. Cotton simply refused to sit still at upright so I could only comb his back fur when he was resting on the floor. Sigh...so near, yet so far. Well, I believe with practice, grooming Cotton will be easy and confidence soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment