Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Water Bowl versus Water Bottle

Dear BlogSpot,

My mummy is busy with another new Renovation Project on my playpen again. She is inspired by Aunty Lynne (from BW) who educated my mummy why water bowl is better than water bottle. You see, my mummy is well-read about Rabbits and she is aware water bowl is better but she did not realize how much better until she saw how Aunty Lynne did it. Something said by Aunty Lynne also knocked my mummy's senses - she said: If I am a bunny and have to lick 10x from the bottle just to an equivalent of one sip from the bowl, I would be tired and drink less too. Indeed, my mummy really observed that I have been drinking much less for past weeks even those weeks without fresh vegetables days.

Lady Jackie (also from BW) also commented that my pee was a little darker orange and this alerted my mummy that she really needs to do something fast. So she quickly get me a bowl the moment we reached home.   
 
Mummy instantly got me a bowl of water when home
 
After a while, I added a few hays in it...hahaha...I want my water with some hay flavoured
As the bowl's base is small, so I have a tendency to flip the bowl and resulted the spillage in my litter box. My mummy, of course, is mad with me and scolded me non-stop. So she knew that she has to get me another bowl and so she did the following day to the $2 shop, her new favourite store for this Renovation Project. My mummy also thinking through and deep how to prevent me from spilling water or adding hays into my water bowl. However, the litter-box space is limited and plus, I am a M-sized bunny so I need space to hop in to eat and drink so that I can poop and pee within the litter-box. She needs to think how to include the water bowl (without spilling or minimal spillage), my pellets/fresh vegetables and dry hays and yet, without disturbing my litter-trained habits. Hahahahahaha...I like to give my mummy a hard time.
 
So my mummy bought a hanging metal container to contain my hays.

New ceramic bowl to contain water
She also bought an anti-slip mat underneath my litter-box so that I am not able to move my litter-box. Hmmmm.....clever humans, huh?

Anti-slip mat


So now I am testing out my new litter-box arrangement.
So far, so good. But I learnt that mummy is still not very satisfied and is still contemplating to buy the Marukan Dog/Cat double feeder bowls. She is thinking to place the double feeder at the hanging hay area and then my dry hay will be at the fresh vegetables and water bowl place now. She is still finding the cost if it worth the buy.  

Marukan Dog/Cat double feeder bowls

So for now, mummy has to change my water bowl twice a day. Sometimes, my fresh vegetable or a few strains of hays will get into the water bowl. hahahahaha....I cannot help it. Too bad, mummy.

Sign-off,
Cotton




No comments:

Post a Comment