Saturday, May 24, 2014

They are bonded!

On their 7th day, 24-May-2014, their barrier fence between their pens is removed!

Immediately after removed, they went to each other litter box to eat. Look!!! 


After eating, they rested next to each other. 

After 1hr of removing the fence, they snuggled together!!! Woot! Success! 


Cotton went to drink her water bowl with Mi-yeon resting at ease. 

Omg! I cannot help but to give myself a good pat on my own shoulder. Hahahahha I personally think my role on bonding them together is very important. What I think I did right to help them to bond:

When humping gets too aggressive, stop them and humped on both. Eventually, they will know that if humping gets too violent, they both be humped by their human. 


During humping them both, I'll stroke them, kiss them, caress them incessively. They really dislike what I did and they will seek comfort and solace together better. Of course, they might even clean each other since their human just 'contaminated' them. 

Be attentive to the new bunny and try to find out as much info about it if you can. I know Mi-yeon is an attention seeker and I am an attention giver so I give her most of my attention and she seems to settle fast in the meantime. She gets to know me from all those touches and kisses I gave her since bunnies 'talk' by body language.


Her poop size incident indicates to me that Mi-yeon has settled down living with us. I also their poops into each other litter box to increase tolerance in each other scent. 

Whenever possible, I treat both equally in terms of hugs and kisses. I also try to keep my routine with Cotton and slowly introduce my routine with Cotton to Mi-yeon like the exercise treats routine. Mi-yeon is very intelligent doe and able to comprehend her surrounding and custom fast. 


Last but not least, I discipline them both with spanking if anyone misbehave like tearing the pee pad, nipping at the fence, random pooping outside their litter box. It is because in the rabbits' world, they live in hierarchy system so both Cotton and Mi-yeon are aware of me (they don't really afraid of Uncle Hubby) as their warlord. Hahahhaa yes, they are afraid and respectful (not fearful) of me but they still willl come near me as normal. They do lick me when I snuggle with them at my bed. 

Now I need to get a larger litter box for them to share so I do not need to change 2 litter boxes at a time. It's tiring but satisfying. 










No comments:

Post a Comment