Saturday, May 31, 2014

Training Mi-yeon for treats

I was told by Mi-yeon's foster parents that she does not beg for food and has an attitude. To retrain her proudness or Taming of the Shrew, can be a challenging task for me.

Training Mi-yeon to get her treats from hands is not easy due to her attitude. Previously, she took treats from our hands for a very short while. After a week of training, she responded better - she took treats from us longer and more. (see video).




However, we do not want to disrupt Cotton's exercise progress so recently, we do not give treats to both of them in the pen. Uncle Hubby will exercise with Cotton with his treats whilst I am training Mi-yeon to take her treats from my hands by standing up on her back legs. By taking treats from my hands by standing up on her back legs is begging for food. :p So far, she is doing well with her 1-1 training with me. Hope she can one day hopping with Cotton for their exercise treats together.

No comments:

Post a Comment