Friday, May 23, 2014

Settling Mi-yeon down

When Mi-yeon first arrived to stay with us, I noticed her poop size was particularly smaller than Cotton's. Concerned, I texted through Betty to find out from her foster parents if that's 'normal' for her. And their reply was, it was not normal. I took a picture of her poop with Cotton's for their reference too. 



Mi-yeon's poop (Top) versus Cotton's (Bottom). This was the observation for first 3 days for Mi-yeon. I fed her with APD Gold and Oxbow Timothy in 1:1 proportion and it was suspected maybe she's not used to eating Oxbow hay. However my gut feeling tells me maybe she just have not adjusted to her new environment but at least she is still eating so I continued monitoring her poop. 

Then on her 4th day, I saw larger poop in her litter box and playpen in the morning. Mi-yeon's poop litter habit is not as good as Cotton's. There will always be about 10 or so poops on her pen after a clean up. Based on these new poops, I'm happy to say it's now comparable to Cotton's. I did not give her more APD Gold and in fact, I give her more Oxbow hay instead. For her case, the root cause is likely be due to psychological stress. 


Let me put the 2 pictures side-by-side for better comparison.


Can you see the differences now? Left picture was taken on her 2nd day and right picture was taken on her 4th. Top: Mi-yeon's; Bottom: Cotton's

No comments:

Post a Comment