Saturday, July 5, 2014

Investing A Good Nail Clipper

I did not try many nail clippers but in the market, I saw commonly 2 types for animals that look like an X scissor shaped with a semi-circle curve on each blade (see pictures). The cheap version (red and smaller ones which costs as cheap... as $2) does not cut cleanly and easily. When using on bigger nails at feet, you may need clip harder to chip off which can stress the bunny further as they can feel the pressure during clipping. Cotton is one such sensitive bunny and will jerk if he feels the pressure. Cotton's nails harder overgrown because of my diligence grooming so I can only clip 1mm or so each time and one can imagine how stressful both Cotton and me as well. Plus, it's not ergonomic for those with bigger hands.

Then another bunny parent shared with me her nail clipper which costs about $12-16 range. I tried and impressed with it. So I went to get my pair nearby my pet shop and it costs me $8 after discount. Extra feature includes a locking mechanism. The cutting is very easily, clip fast at one squeeze and cleanly. It's a breeze to trim nails for me and sensitive bunny. Plus it's quite ergonomic to use as well.
So my conclusion is: invest a little more to get a good nail clipper because in this case, you get what you pay for based on the price paid. One note to share, before you start going out to buy one now, prior to buying, ask the shop for assistance to allow you to test the clipper. Check for no rust at the blades on both sides and the spring mechanism when squeezing is smooth without much resistance.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment