Sunday, July 13, 2014

Continuing their Bonding Day 6

It's truly amazing that on their 4th night by themselves without monitoring, there was no fights, chasing or humping occurred. It was another peaceful night for both Uncle Hubby and me. I guess we are lucky to risk doing that but I have good reasons why I am confident they won't fight too - on Day 2, they did not fight/hump/chase when putting them together from 6am to 10pm. That's why, it always better and highly recommended to do your own bunny bonding than outsourcing it because only you know your own bunnies' personalities the best.

I have to admit it's a long tiring and discouraging journey - first few hours and/or days, there were many moments I wanted to give up doing bonding them. Furthermore, Koogle constant foot stomping really got to my nerves at times; I did thought of outsourcing but the lady told me she would not take up the job unless both of them came to her in "good foundation" and in her opinion based on what I shared with her, they were not in "good foundation" for her. She wanted me to let them live adjacent to each other for a month or so before taking up the job. What?! A month or so? Maybe if I do my own bonding, by then, they would have been self-bonded.

It is even super amazing for me to wake up to see there is not even a single stray poops or hays being kicked out of their litter box this morning. Another evidence of no chasing or fighting has happened last night. Cotton and Koogle, keep it up boys! Not forgetting to mention, there was no stray pee observed for the consecutive days of bonding them together. Woohoo!

Amazing sight that I wish they will continue to behave

So at about 8am today, I fed them with a cup of pellets as usual. With a little assistance from me by placing both of them side by side, then they began eating their pellets together. They ate together about a good near 10mins before Koogle hopped out and followed by Cotton. Then Koogle hopped back to continue his eating. Another good sign that Koogle showed was he later hopped near Cotton who was resting on his 4, to drink his water.



It is also good to mention at this point that Koogle stomp his foot lesser for the past 2 days. Maybe he has learnt to get used to certain changes - living together with his Big Bro. To calm Koogle more, I would carry him and stroke him while watching TV. I can feel his nails clutching to me and after a while, relaxes. I think he is insecure in many aspect and may hinder the bonding progress. I must always remind myself to be PATIENCE.

Breathe.......breathe.....breathe.....Love.....love.....love....

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment