Sunday, July 20, 2014

Continuing Bonding Day 13

About 5am, Cotton did his Bunny 500 and zoomed acrossed from our bedroom to living room. His cat collar bell rang furiously and during his dash, he hit onto our bed divan so hard that I could feel our bed shook a little (no, I'm not exaggerated at all). 

I woke up to check them out and saw a stray pee!!! Strangely, no stray poops or hays was found though. 


Koogle was in the playpen and the pee was still wet though cold. The color of the pee indicated it belongs to Koogle. Angst man. But luckily, the pee was within the corrugated board. Soaking the stray pee with a paper towel, I brought to Koogle's nose and placed it into the litter tray and gave a hard push-down on his head. 

So I decided to lock Koogle up and continued sleeping for another 3 hours. At about 8am, I checked on him again and this time, no stray pee found. Ok, I supposed he repented. 

While refilling their hays, I decided to get innovative and re-arranged their litter tray again. There's never a perfect setup for my bunnies because it depends on what stage of relationship and phase they are going then I changed accordingly. 






So this time round I added back the 2 food bowls by hooking onto the fence. The 2 food bowls will be used to contain their pellets and fresh vegetables. 

The smaller hay rack is placed on purpose at the front of the 2 food bowls so that it will bunny proof my metal support legs which are rubber coated. 


At the same time, this is to discourage them to eat so much pellets but more hays. Hahahahahaha

2 hay racks are added so that they will not fight for food and still eat together in the same litter tray. 

Well, I'm still monitoring how they will use and like their newly renovated litter tray still. 

At about 5pm, I was on my way home and Uncle Hubby who was home the whole afternoon told me some bun stray peed again at around 2plus and this time, just outside of the kitchen door. He took some pictures on what the buns were doing...



Uncle Hubby did not personally witness the stray pee being happened but given the circumstances evidence, it's obviously who was the culprit. The stray pee was still very wet so it meant it just happened not too long ago when Unclr Hubby found it. Uncle Hubby also said that prior to discovering the stray pee, Koogle flipped (we believed by accident) one of the metal food bowl out - no more pellets despite he kept digging into the bowl. 

What an alpha bunny!

I have no confidence in Koogle to leave him free roam unsupervised, although he did not stray pee from 2plus to 7pm. 

2 comments:

  1. Aww.. I love your litter setup. Your buns are so smart; my pigs do their business everywhere and anywhere. Everytime I take them out for free roam, I end up finding pees and poos everywhere including under my bed!! How did you litter train them??? For me, it's almost impossible. I read that pigs like to do their business in the dark, but I had tried building a hut with a litter tray underneath, but my pigs don't get the hint. After they poo outside their tray, I put the poos into the tray, but they don't get it! Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the compliment. Actually I'm still trying to solve Koogle's stray pee issue too. I always start off my buns with cage to litter train them using a paper towel soaked with their pee to direct them where to pee. It takes time and tons of patien

      Delete