Friday, July 18, 2014

Continuing Bonding Day 11

This early morning, Koogle strayed pee again! But it's pretty faint so I rendered that the modified litter tray works to certain extent. It also proves another thing - Koogle is trying to mark territory.

Then a few hours later in the mid morning, Uncle Hubby who took the day off from work texted me some pictures.



What????!!! Cotton also stray peed and Koogle did it again too!!!! Argh!!! It's obviously both boys are marking their territory. According to Uncle Hubby, there was no fight or chasing being heard or seen. 

Breathe, breathe, breathe....

Ok, I think I cannot take their stray pee anymore so I decided to outsource the bonding. I'm willing to pay - really no choice. So I shared my boys' interaction thus far with Jennifer and she actually told me I do not need bonding service at all and save my monies. She shared with me and advised me what to do instead. What????!!! Have business also don't want to do? Isn't she an amazing character in real life??? 

She even came up a theory why Koogle who started the pee marking - she suspected residual scent of Mi yeon still available. So she advised me to use diluted vinegar (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water) and cleansed the whole area. She also believes that over time, the marking territory will die down eventually. 

So I did as she said and even cleansed the playpen fences as well. I also rinsed with Dettol as I dislike the acetic acid smell. Hope her theory works! I never thought of Mi-yeon's residual scent linkage. So does that mean when one day if Cotton and Koogle both pass on (touch wood!), new batch of bunnies will pick up their scent and start pee marking all over the house??  

Anyway, I also bought 3 pieces of corrugated boards ($3.15 each) to lay on my tiles and tape with larger diameter clear tape. This is so to facilitate me to clean off any stray pee with ease. 



Now, add the bunnies in....








So far so good.

The real results be available tomorrow morning. Finger-X !!! 

While letting them to free roam for 30mins, again, Cotton would follow Koogle on-off basis. Then I saw them lying side by side between a playpen fence....




But, if you take a closer look, there's still a V outward space between them. To me, it means that they are still negotiating being together. It's definitely a very good sign for them but this bonding will take a longer route time. : / 

I can only wait for that time to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment