Sunday, September 28, 2014

Caressing Cotton to Elicit Licking Response

Recently there was a craze of rubbing rabbits' ears and able to induce them a response to lick. It was also further shared by some bunny parents that when they rubbed (gently of course, like caressing) their left ears, the bunny would lick their left paws and vice-versa. Interesting observation!

So here I am experimenting on Cotton. At first attempt to caress his ears at trancing position a few times did not elicit any licking response from Cotton. Cotton would only give me a starring face. So some bunny parents suggested that I tried again on him at his sitting/resting position, and so I did.

Here it is, the success attempt!

 
I tried on Koogle - be it trancing or sitting or resting, and elicited no licking response from him at all. I am guessing that caressing their ears (which are sensitive to bunnies) to elicit licking response does not work on lops. This is because a few lops parents feedback that no response from their bunnies too. I am happy that at least Cotton is able to elicit the response :)


No comments:

Post a Comment