Thursday, September 25, 2014

Stray Pee Root Cause Found!

It has been coming to a week since their bromance sparkled. Though the future looks bright but things ain't that rosy at the same time. Stray pee also surfaced again..... :(

The first instant thought to stop their stray pee which I thought they did it out of ignorance and willful act was to restrict smaller roaming space. This is the same approach I was coaching Koogle for potty training then. Does this work? Of course it does not because it was not the root cause of their stray pee reason.


So I sought a help from an experienced bun parent again and shared with her their behavioral stray pee pattern. Yes, there's a trend! Every night when I changed their litter boxes, I would see their litter boxes began filled up with pee before I went to bed. The following morning, more pee in the boxes but no stray. 

Stray pee only happened in the day. As my estate is undergoing repair and repainting works, all windows are closed with a fan turns on during the day. When I come home in the evening, the living room smells full of their urinal scent! The root cause deduced by the bun parent was - litter boxes too stink so they refuse to use them. Their litter boxes by the evening had become pee ponds! 



Look at Cotton's guilty look for the pee puddle he made at the bed. His classic helicopter ear. 


During their roaming time at night, look how their relationship improves so much. 



In one of their conspiracy hush-hush discussion how to plot against the humans.... 


More meetings in the day....


When I'm home, that's what they did. Not very messy but their evil plot is pretty merciful to me. No stray pee. 


So I gave them water bottles during the day and water bowls during the night. Indeed that stray pee no longer seen but their intake of water combined was not more than 100mL. I also sprayed some vinegar into their soiled litter boxes to reduce the smell. Note that they are given only hays as their food hence with lesser water, they also eat lesser. Notwithstanding to say other issues related to dehydration.  

Now I'm trying out the suggestion to change their litter boxes by preparing the spare boxes on the previous night. Weekday mornings are a rush for me so I am almost late for work today when changing their boxes. Maybe with practice, I can do it fast. But this approach in my opinion is still not the ideal - more rubbish generated and ore resources consumed. So I'm still thinking how to resolve this problem. *putting on the thinking cap* 









No comments:

Post a Comment