Thursday, September 18, 2014

End of Micro-Space Experiment

When I came home last night, indeed, they had a pee party while I was out at work. 

Let's see the extent of their pee party remnants on the corrugated board. 


The pee also sipped underneath the board as well. >:( 

To add salt to my wound, Cotton's bottom also very dirty! 




Terrible! He has always been a very clean buck. And I checked his penis and found a bite wound. 


And Koogle has no bite wound at his penis not his bottom was particularly dirty. I knew I have to end this micro-space experiment as it pained me a lot to see Cotton poor hygiene condition and wound. So I separated them into their own pens instead. 

Vexed and fustrated, I asked for help from a fellow bun parent. She comforted me and told me to expand and combine their pens to become one common pen. I also sent her videos how Cotton would 'chase' after Koogle whenever they were free roamed and more pictures of their interaction together. As much as Uncle Hubby and I hate to see but within this bromance (as I was told), Koogle is the dominant buck and Cotton is the submissive one. We always prefer Cotton to be the dominant bun. The bun parent shared with me that the alpha character however can be rotated between the two of them over time so comfort me not to be of too concern with current situation. There's hope for Cotton! 


It's also a surprise that Cotton now allows Koogle to be on his bed and they are snuggling together - Cotton's head was leaning on Koogle as his pillow. 

More interaction moments when I expanded and combined their pens to become one pen.


Then they 'exchanged' places....


So I left them overnight and prayed that they won't stray pee. This morning I checked on them and so far so good. Now I can only monitor their situation further. 

Through this incident, I learnt that it's hard to do new bonding experiment/ways alone especially I'm an amateur to rear rabbits. Always seek help from experienced bun parents and keep an open mind at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment