Thursday, September 25, 2014

Playpen Mini Renovation

Revamping their pen setup again!

It's really a small change this time :)

Just to refresh their Before renovation setup. See the grid between the 2 hay racks? 


I just removed the grid between their litter boxes. This is so there will be lesser hays trapped between the spaces of the boxes.

But without the grid in between, the 2 hay racks have nothing to secure. On my first try I used Velcro by 3M. 



Surprisingly, Cotton also pretty well behaved that day when I removed the grid. 



To prevent the hay rack moving too much, I added 2 binders to act as blocker.



But in the next morning, they made a mess - the 3M Velcro is not strong enough to withstand their pulling force. They have a tendency to dig at the rack and thereby pulling the rack nearer to them inadvertently. 


So I knew I need to improvise again and an idea stroke me! So I used cable-tie to bond the two racks together and bought those wire Velcro strips to bind one rack to the litter box mesh. Once one of the racks is secured to its litter box, it will also secure the other hay rack too. 



And this works splendidly! Yay!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment