Monday, October 6, 2014

Potty Retraining.....Again

About a week ago their stray pee in the afternoon was pretty persistent. It only happened when there was nobody home. Troubleshooting of the root cause pointed to the pee stench from the pee ponding in their 2 large litter boxes. 

There's little I can do as the windows have to be kept closed during the day due to repainting of the entire house block in progress. It was an agony for me!

So I decided to potty retraining them again by reducing their pen space with extra litter trays as their resting areas. Meanwhile, I'll try to spray deodorants (which claimed to be natural and harmless) in the morning into their soiled litter boxes. 

So the below setup was done for the past one week. Somehow, Koogle recognized his red tray which I used on him previously in his potty retraining when he was a solo bun then. Hence Cotton took the green tray instead. 


The incidence of stray peeing indeed reduces except for yesterday protest where I overslept by 2hrs due to late night sleeping the previous night. How unforgiving the boys are!


So I decided is time to remove the trays. The boys are confused for a while and seems to be asking me where are the trays? Koogle for instance does not dare to step on the exposed corrugated board and stood on the litter boxes. Cotton is more daring to explore and even rested on it - maybe because he is the resident bun. 


I have to coax Koogle down to rest next to Cotton at the corrugated board. He is a little more inflexible compared to Cotton but he learns fast. Ever since he opens up to us, he is more willing to interact and learn new tricks with us. So after coaxing him a few times, indeed, he decided to go down cautiously to sit next to his big bro at the corrugated board! 


I suspect there may be stray pee in the new setup. But I'll see how to slowly expand and yet not compromising the potty retraining. 

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment