Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Charcoal in Their Litter Boxes

The start of another experiment to minimize their litter boxes from getting stink up in the day time. 

Situation: I change their litter box once a day at evenings. I tried to prepare spare clean litter boxes aside at evening and then change the boxes in the morning but I was almost late for work! Morning mad rush! My morning time is pretty tight so I do not want to miss my company bus. However by the morning, their litter boxes would start to get pretty soiled; by mid afternoon, their litter boxes are pee ponding state! Then they will start to pee out of their litter boxes despite their litter boxes are not flooded. 

Reducing their water intake by giving them water bottle also causes them to eat lesser hays. I tried to spray diluted vinegar into their litter boxes in the morning and it helped a little on the pee stench. Then while searching for pee pad, I saw charcoal pee pad available for sales. However charcoal pee pad is also relatively pricier. So an idea strikes me - charcoal bits from Daiso!!! 


So I just added a little of these charcoal into their litter boxes.



As my building is under repainting work so all our windows have to be shut during the day. We leave our living room fan on for them but their pee stench will build up. Let see if this method work and meanwhile, I also reduce their playpen size to potty training them at the same time. 

Ok, the charcoal approach does not work because sprinkle some charcoal is not enough to absorb their urine scent. So for the charcoal to work that means the litter box must be filled full with charcoal and it's not sustainable. So charcoal plan hereby declared failed! 




No comments:

Post a Comment