Monday, October 6, 2014

Changing Their PVC Mat

I finally found the PVC mat (thinner piece and cheaper at $12.80) at Homefix IMM! It's strange that when I do not need it, I saw it and vice versa. But I bought it anyway....as a spare I thought.

But I decided to change the existing PVC mat to this thin version because Cotton been digging into the black PVC mat.



And luckily I did the change because I realized their urine actually seeped under the PVC mat!!! Eeep!!! There was a lot of cleaning to do!




Under the black PVC mat, was a thin layer of their urine!!! How disgusting that I did not even want to take picture of it. I had to scrub the tiled floor with diluted Dettol, followed by diluted vinegar then the Tibits cleaner and then the deodorant spray and finally rinsed with clean water. 

The black PVC mat underneath was harder to wash as their urine seeped deep into the material. :(

After the floor was dried, I started to layer the blue mat. Learning from past mistake, I layered the PVC mat up a few centimeters against the wall. This way, there should not be any urine seeping under the mat bad incidences. Duct tape was used to secure the mat in place and of course our handyman, Uncle Hubby, came in to do.




Ok, with the mat laid, it's time to set up their pen!


Wow! The whole mat replacement took me 45mins! Not bad for a lady, don't you think so?  ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment