Monday, October 6, 2014

Grass Rodentia - Seeds & Pets

My BFFs gifted me this growing grass for my birthday. How thoughtful they are (don't they know I'm a plant killer by nature???)! 

So in order not to waste their thoughtful efforts and gift, I decided to grow this 'thing' myself since Uncle Hubby refuses to do. 



Must always read instructions before proceeding!!!



Basically there're only a pack of soil (brown) and seeds (white).


According to the instruction manual, I'm supposed to pour the growing medium into the tray evenly. 



And to distribute via sprinkling motion the seeds evenly as well. 




Now the estimated 150mL tap water to be added.




Do pour gently so as to minimize disturbance to the seeds distribution. 


But I think I have disturbed the evenness so I used a toothpick to spread out the seeds. 



Now I'm satisfied with the evenness, it's time to close the lid for incubation. 


No mention of the environment needed for the incubation so I assumed RTP (room temperature and pressure). 

Day 01 of incubation:


Day 02 of incubation 


After 5 days passed and the seeds still did not germinate! In fact, mold grew! Hahhahaha when the kid was opened, gosh what a strong stench of odor! 


Conclusion: experiment failed despite follow instructions. Sorry boys, no wheat grass for you. Maybe it's more convenience to get from supermarket. Hahahaha 

No comments:

Post a Comment