Saturday, July 11, 2015

Burrito and Syringe Feeding

Charcoal: "My mummy said I have not been gaining much weight for the past 7months despite I have been eating my hays and vegetables as normal. My poops have always been smaller size than husbun, just like our body sizes, hence there is no sign of ill health.

However my mummy felt that I needed to be pumped up as many bun parents also felt I'm on skinny type. So my mummy decided to syringe feed me with critical care (Momi Complete Care). For some strange reason, when I'm placed upright, I will not swallow down the CC paste down my throat. I'll spit out instead, so my mummy has to place me at sitting position to syringe feed me.

Since Daddy is not helping mummy so she has to use her pair of hands as optimally as possible. She decided to use a towel to burrito around my body to mimic I'm being carried and secured. She laid a pee pad so that any mess can be contained. 


Look at my already blackened face. 

Before my mummy started syringe feeding me, she weighed me and found my weight to be 980g. After syringe feeding for 6 consecutive days, she weighed me again and I gained 42g with a final weight of 1022g! 


The gain in weight really makes my human very happy and so she will continue doing that. My mummy also adds in half capsule of powdered spirulina into my CC paste. She read in a scientific journal published in 2010 that spirulina may be helpful and beneficial for rabbits. 



 Well I feel like I'm like an animal tested experiment. 😁 

Even husbun not spared from the spirulina mixed in CC feeding! Mummy said Cotton will get to eat once a week basis though. 



I hope to gain more weight and then don't have to trouble my mummy to syringe feed anymore. Sometimes my husbun will look at us suspiciously too. Scary! " 

Added on 14-Jul-2015:

On weekends, my mummy syringe feed me twice a day with Spirulina mixed in. 3 days later, I grown 43g heavier and becomes 1065g! 😱


My mummy said she will continue to syringe feed me further. Omg! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being able to cc feed Charcoal and having her gain a bit of weight. The improvisation of wrapping her burrito-like made her feel safe and held, which is a good thing. Just continue what you're doing as it shows that it is helping her. She's lucky to have you as her mommy!

    Elvira Mullins @ NelsonVets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elvira for your positive comment. I am lucky to have her too. She's such a lady. :)

      Delete