Friday, January 23, 2015

Modifying Charcoal's Litter Box I

It's time to improvise Charcoal's litter box since she seems to be pretty consistent at peeing in the litter box. It's a little unhygienic for her to step on the urine soaked cat bedding and occasional bedding pellets or poops get kicked out of the litter box when she hopped out.

This is her litter box set-up before the modification. 


Pee pad is retained for the latest litter box setup. I also added newspaper beneath the litter box as another layer of absorbent. 


I found this gem at Daiso where everything is $2! This rack is actually dish rack and it may be useful for the smaller litter box that Charcoal is using.


It provides sufficient depth as well!


Ta-da! 


As the holes of the racks are pretty large sized so I need to add on additional mat to protect her legs. So I try out the bath mat......

 

And the egg-crates......


I decided to try both! Ha hahahahahaha 


Ta-da! And the lead lady tested the new setup and she seems to like it!


It has been one day since she used it and so far so good. This shall be her litter box setup for now. :D



2 comments:

  1. You know, Pandora, I was thinking, that, not just for Charcoal, but also for the bucks, that you could put some cat litter under the egg crates for more absorbency.... Especially for the certain bucks whom pee a lottt!

    ReplyDelete