Friday, January 16, 2015

Welcome Charcoal

Welcome Charcoal to my household!

I waited for you a good one year. I fell in love with rabbits when I first saw you one year ago. You were meek and very docile. 

When I first saw you, you were cuddling and resting on a towel. I still keep this picture of you even till today. 



I got the cage and carrier albeit second handed but I got them for you and set up readily to welcome you. I was so ready for you that I even name you, Charcoal! 


But you weren't able to be adopted. So I went to SPCA and Cotton was adopted. As the saying goes, the rest is history........

Then one day, I was told I might be able to get now. Instantly, I asked for you if you are still available. You do not know how exhilarated I was when I was told and verified you can be collected anytime. So I applied work off immediately on the same day (15-Jan-2015 at about 1500hrs), I went down and took you home. 

On our way home, the journey was rough in the bus because we could not get a cab for past 30mins on the road or even dialing for one! 


The original intended recipient finally get to use the cage and carrier too! 


While quarantine her, I am also litter training her at the same time. 


There was so little basic information about Charcoal like gender, sterilization status, micro chip status or age. When I collected her, I have a hard time ascertain her gender. Yes, you should got the hint - it's a doe! (Update: she's a ND with silver marten coated)


Her dewlap finally appeared after sometime Hahahhaha. I felt her nipples but later realized bucks also have nipples. I tried to look for any penis and found none. She being a doe means half a battle won to bond her with Cotton and Koogle. 

If Charcoal is a buck, I would try to bond too but if bonding fails - bromance does not seems much of a preference to Cotton's liking, then rehoming will be the last resort. 

Let pray for another half battle to be won! 

2 comments: