Saturday, February 7, 2015

Modifying Charcoal's Litter Box II

Previously, I modified Charcoal's litter box and noticed the setup has a flaw - the sides of the trays can collect her urine and her small poops and hays will get stuck as well. Pretty disgusting to clean for me. 


So I went back to Daiso to look for the cat repellent mat. As the large piece were sold out (I presume), so I bought the smaller size instead. 



And I added egg crate above the cat repellent mat. End-user seems to accept her new toilet format. 




I also bought her a new mat for her to rest on. She refused to use it and I wonder why. So I gently told her the mat and the new setup are all for her. After some talking, she started to use it. What an amazing rabbit that needs approval from humans before doing it. 


Meanwhile, a gap between her pen and Cotton's pen is maintained but will slowly narrow by the week. This is some pre bonding work I am doing prior to sending them to board and bond in April. 


Black and White fat buns resting. :D


3 comments:

  1. Aww! So cute! Especially the part where she listens to you and do what you say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told the ND black silver marten breeds are very clever and intelligent. A friend of mine also have one and she advised me to talk to Charcoal frequently will be very helpful bonding with her and she seems right! Hahaha

      Delete
    2. Yep! I just wish my piggies were like that.... I can't even train them to poop in a tray!

      Delete