Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Bedding Review: Excel Burgess vs Oxbow Bedding

Recently I was given a pack of oxbow bedding to try and so I did. I am a Burgess bedding user and have been using 7 bags of it so far. So I think I'm pretty much eligible as an end-user to compare if this oxbow bedding worthy for me to do the switch.

Cotton loves his Burgess....


..... and Charcoal refuses to leave her burgess bag! 
 
I always use a cup of burgess pellet bedding for my bonded bunnies daily and they shared one pee pan. So after one day of use, the pellet bedding really absorbed their urine very well. Look at the sides of the pee pad on the pan, white sides indicate the pellets really absorb very well and hence I do not need to even change the green plastic liner at all. 


Ok, it is Oxbow bedding turn!

Same setup as I would as like any other day. 


I added one cup volume. 


After one day.....the results? See below! 



Underneath of the pee pad. Urine was found leaked and sipped under. Yucks! As the bedding does not absorbs the urine well, urine odor can be detected. Double yucky! 


Well, I could use more Oxbow bedding but that means I would finish the pack faster too. Why use more (Oxbow bedding) when I can use less (Burgess pellet bedding)? 

My verdict?

Pretty obvious right? I will stick to Burgess pellet bedding for now. Period. 

1 comment:


  1. Excel is a software program from Microsoft basic excel for beginners that is a part of Microsoft Office. Excel calculations is compiled for making and altering spreadsheets that are spared with a .xls expansion. It's general uses in corporate cell-based figuring, turn tables, and different diagramming devices. With an Excel spreadsheet, you could make a month to month spending plan, track costs of doing business, or sort and compose a lot of information calculations in spreadsheets of Excels.

    ReplyDelete