Sunday, November 2, 2014

Grooming Kits version 2

As I get better with my grooming skill by the day and with each rescue assignments, so are my tools in my kit. It has since evolved to kits - 2 different tool boxes! 


Above is my standard tool box for my own boys. Recently, I'm pretty obsessed with flea combs and so bought a few to try. I have to say we don't have a winner yet because each has their own pros and cons. Having them together will complete my inadequate grooming skill. 


A separate set of tools for my rescue assignment. More protective items like an apron, sleeve guards, a spray bottle of diluted Dettol, mosquito patch and a mask are necessary due to unexpected environment and unknown bunnies' conditions. 

Besides the tool box segregation, I have also included a new tool - thin Q-tips (cotton bud) into my 2 kits. Recently, I learnt to clean off ear wax. 


Basically, a good lighting and a strong torch is needed to facilitate accurate ear cleaning process. Thin cotton bud will ensure I won't push the wax in. 

The normal size cotton bud (cheaper in price too) will be used to clean off their scent glands at their genital areas. 

2 comments: